Re: Re: does nfs-util have a api-manual?

åå wrote:

  I have wrote a server application that record audio files to a nfs
  directory, and I write to the directory just like it is a local disk.

  But when some error occurs with the nfs-connection, the "write"
  operation is just hanged up and does not return any errors, so I want to
  use nfs-utils, and I think I can handle the error above with the tools.
  But I almost know nothing about nfs-utils. Can you help me?

I don't think you need nfs-utils.  The write() system call will hang
indefinitely if there is a problem with the mount.  If you want it to fail
when the server goes away, you need a soft mount, and adjust the timeo and
retrans mount options to suit.  See mount.nfs(8) and nfs(5).