Re: infinite getdents64 loop

On Monday 30 May 2011, Jeff Layton wrote:
> On Mon, 30 May 2011 11:37:01 +0200
> Ruediger Meier <sweet_f_a@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Sunday 29 May 2011, Trond Myklebust wrote:
> > > It's actually a problem with the underlying filesystem: it is
> > > generating readdir 'offsets' that are not unique. In other words,
> > > if
> >
> > Does this mean ext4 generally does not work with for nfs?
>
> Does it help if you turn off the dir_index feature on the filesystem?
> See the tune2fs(8) manpage for how to do that.

Unfortunately I can't umount it allthough I did exportfs -u and lsof
doesn't show used files. (reboot not possible right now)

Hopefully I can try it until tomorrow on the other machine (have to wait
for some jobs finished).

Pity that I am not able to create such a broken ext4/nfs server from
scratch on a test machine. Seems I get it broken only if it was
maltreated by our users some time in production.

cu,
Rudi