Re: Smack on the head: Questions about pnfs write path

On 2011-05-23 17:22, Fred Isaman wrote:
> On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 8:16 PM, Boaz Harrosh <bharrosh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 05/22/2011 02:45 AM, Boaz Harrosh wrote:
>>>
>>> Fred git blame points to you:
>>>
>>> What was the meaning of the below code:
>>>

>> OK Smack *ME* on the head
>>
>> A layout driver must have a .pg_test function else
>> that's what happens. pNFS only for a single page.
>> I'd say it should be opposite no?
>>

> Right now, a driver with no pg_test function erroneously misses the
> pnfs_update_layout call in multi-page io.  I'll send a patch to fix
> that shortly.

After discussing this with Trond how about having
pnfs_pageio_init_{read,write} always set
	pgio->pg_test = ld->pg_test

and then let the layout driver initialize its vector to
the generic pnfs_{read,write}_pg_test functions, respectively
if it requires no layout-type specific code.
(and EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL them for the layout drivers)

Benny