Re: SEQ4_STATUS_ question

On Mon, 2011-05-16 at 15:40 -0400, Chuck Lever wrote:
> Hi-
>
> In minor version 1, the "lease moved" condition is indicated via a flag set in the result of a SEQUENCE operation; in mv0, it was a real NFS4ERR status code.
>
> I don't see anything in RFC 5661 that says SEQUENCE returns anything but NFS4_OK if one or more of these flags are set.  But nfs41_sequence_call_done checks these status flags only when task->tk_status < 0.
>
> If SEQUENCE returns a non-NFS4_OK status code when these flags are set, and MUST be the first operation in a compound, how can anything else in any compound with a SEQUENCE operation get done?
>
> To clear a "lease moved" condition requires that the client send an operation that will get an NFS4ERR_MOVED result.  I assume such a compound would require an initial SEQUENCE operation... but that should fail, since there is a "lease moved" condition.
>
> What am I missing?

What am _I_ missing? As far as I can see, the status flags are checked
in 2 places:

      * nfs41_sequence_done() if and only if the sequence operation
        status is zero (in which case we schedule a lease verification)
      * In nfs4_proc_sequence(), if and only if the task->tk_status ==
        0.

I can't see any checks in nfs41_sequence_call_done...

Trond
--
Trond Myklebust
Linux NFS client maintainer