Re: some questions about NFSv4.1_Directory_Delegation

On 2011-05-11 05:30, chao liu wrote:
> *hi  everyone,*
> *           **Benny and **bwickman**,*
> *           i have read the
> article https://wiki.linux-nfs.org/wiki/index.php/CITI_Experience_with_Directory_Delegations
> carefully,*
> *           and i checked the latest  source code in git hub,  i can't
> find the code about directory delegation , so i got two questions to ask,. *ny
> *
> *
> *           To Benny,  thank you  very much,  do you think that what are
> the most difficulties or problems to implement  Directory_Delegation in
>  pnfs?*

Directory delegations are not related to pNFS but rather to NFSv4.1.
I wasn't involved in their experimental implementation in CITI so I
don't know exactly what were their challenges.  I can only guess that
the harder parts were dealing with the name cache rather than
implementing the related NFSv4.1 code.

As far as I know, the benefits demonstrated so far are not good enough
to justify the added complexity.

Benny