Re: Linux to Netapp -> Is UDP over WAN safe as long as I use "sync, hard and intr" ?

Hi Trond,

You were right in that auto negotiation was the root of the problems, but only some of them.

I did :
ethtool -s eth0 duplex full autoneg off speed 100
[235557.010306] igb: eth0 NIC Link is Up 100 Mbps Full Duplex, Flow Control: None

Seeing a big TCP performance boost (now it equals the UDP speed).

But I still have serious problems. I get :
[235809.364907] INFO: task dd:5858 blocked for more than 120 seconds.
[235809.377710] "echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/hung_task_timeout_secs" disables this message.
[...]

Trond, I think you were working with that with Ubuntu people right ?

I am using latest Ubuntu 10.04.2 kernel : 2.6.32-31-server

I might fix this bug with newer kernels or patches, but there's another thing I cannot fix :

I get lots of :
nfs: server.dom.com is not responding, still trying

So I guess I will stick to default ethernet settings and UDP. It might not be the fastest option, but it's the most trouble free setup (I cross my fingers ...)

Thanks again.

Best,
David