Re: [BUG] supported_krb5_enctypes not available if GSS support compiled as a module

On 20 Apr 11 17:39, J. Bruce Fields wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 10:49:51PM +0200, Michael Guntsche wrote:
> > Hello Bruce,
> >
> > Commit 0a5e5f122c nfsd: fix compile error fixed a compile error by
> > putting the code between an #ifdef CONFIG_SUNRPC_GSS.
> >
> > In my case this is compiled as a module so CONFIG_SUNRPC_GSS_MODULE is
> > defined but not CONFIG_SUNRPC_GSS. I do not know if this was on purpose
> > but as it is now "supported_krb5_enctypes" is only available if GSS
> > support is compiled in the kernel.
>
> Ugh, fuzzy thinking on my part.
>
> So I guess to do this right we want modules to be able to dynamically
> add files to the nfsd filesystem at module load time?
This seems to be working already. The problem is that CONFIG_SUNRPC_GSS
is not defined when configured as a module so the code is not being
built in the first place. I tested this by defining CONFIG_SUNRPC_GSS at
the beginning of the file.

Of course you can test for both CONFIG_SUNRPC_GSS AND *GSS_MODULE but I
do not know if this is the correct way.

/Michael