Re: Save the unfs3 project

Hi Peter,
Another option, I guess, would be to discontinue the unfs3 project and recommend users to migrate to nfs-ganesha, or something like that. Any users of ganesha on this list? I don't know much about it.
I am the project lead for nfs-ganesha. I would be happy to provide you with all information that would help you.

Unfortunately it seems like it does not support Windows, which we need.
There is currently no port of nfs-ganesha to windows. I am working on a linux environment and so does the other folks contributing to the project. Anyway, I do not think that a port to windows would be something impossible. Matt Benjamin (from the LinuxBox company) succeeded once in compiling nfs-ganesha on cygwin on a windows platform. It seems to me there are tools at Microsoft's to ease port of unix applications to Windows, but I am no expert of this. Anyway, the linux-nfs is probably not the right place for discussing of this, I suggest that we continue talking of this on the nfs-ganesha's development list whose address is nfs-ganesha-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx .

   Regards

      Philippe