Re: Fwd: [pnfs]how to use object-based pnfs

Hi Quanli Gui,

The object-based pnfs server is based on the exofs filesystem
which is in the mainline tree, plus a few patches in the linux-pnfs git
tree, available in the pnfs-all-latest branch:

e24ff7c pnfsd-exofs: pnfs objects server XDR functions
9c0cd62 pnfsd-exofs: Add pNFS export support
3b8ef79 pnfsd-exofs: get_device_info implementation.
cea15bf pnfsd-exofs: Recall layouts on truncate
835e61b pnfsd-exofs: layoutreturn pnfs-obj information decoding
d01493f SQUASHME: pnfsd-exofs: convert to new pnfs-submit changes

Boaz (Cc'ed here) is the GUI who implemented most of it so he'd be the
best person who could help you if you have any questions.

See the following documents in the linux tree for setting up exofs:
Documentation/filesystems/exofs.txt
Documentation/scsi/osd.txt

Once exofs is set up on the server and is exported with the pnfs
export option and the obj layout driver is set up on the client
(including attaching to all OSDs) you just need to mount the MDS
the same way you would do for pnfs over nfsv4.1 files.

See also the do-* scripts in the open-osd git tree for
practical examples:
http://git.open-osd.org/gitweb.cgi?p=open-osd.git;a=tree

Regards,

Benny