NFSv4 and NFSv4.1 client recovery

Hi,

as you may know, I am working on a NFS server in user space called nfs-ganesha. One of the feature of nfs-ganesha is its capability of being used as a NFSv4 proxy. This is implemented as a backend in nfs-ganesha : all the filesystem that nfs-ganesha can export have a dedicated module with a well known API (this module is called FSAL for File System Abstraction layer). The proxy feature is made by make a FSAL library that is a NFSv4 basic client (each of the FSAL functions calls wrap one or more NFSv4 request). The trouble is the case when the remote server (the one accessed by the proxy operating as a client via FSAL calls) crashes : the client inside the FSAL needs to recover to the remote server as it comes back to work. My question is : what is the simpliest way for my user space client to recover ? I must precise it make no delegation and use only a forechannel to the remote server. There is no backchannel.

   Regards

      Philippe