Re: Seemingly inconsistent directory state under NFSv4

Ferenc Wagner <wferi@xxxxxxx> writes:

> In our somewhat mixed NFSv4 setup (Linux 2.6.32 Debian squeeze server, a
> 2.6.26 and a 2.6.32 Debian lenny client) we sometimes experience the
> following: removing a file on the 2.6.26 client makes that file
> disappear from the directory listing of the 2.6.32 client, but the file
> itself remains accessible by its old -- now nonexistent -- name there.
> Is such a confusing state expected, or is this the manifestation of some
> bug?

Is this perhaps a manifestation of the following paragraph of
nfs41-server.txt in the Linux kernel documentation?

    Incomplete delegation enforcement: if a file is renamed or
    unlinked, a client holding a delegation may continue to
    indefinitely allow opens of the file under the old name.

If yes, is there a way to list the active delegations (on the server and
on the client) and possibly trigger releasing/recalling them?
--
Thanks,
Feri.