Re: 2.6.32, NFSv4, "Stale NFS file handle" problem

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 11:09 AM, Nick Patavalis <npat@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 2:54 AM, Nick Patavalis <npat@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> I don't know if this is an NFS bug, but seems a lot like it... My
>> server-host exports a few NTFS filesystems (read-only exports) using
>> NFSv4. Two client-hosts mount these file-systems.
>>
>> Client A runs 2.6.31, and client B 2.6.32. Client A works fine. Client
>> B, while it initially mounts everything ok, and for some time
>> everything works ok (or so it seems), after a while it starts
>> returning "Stale NFS file hande" errors for random files and
>> directories. Client A NEVER returns stale errors, EVEN after a server
>> reboot.
>>

> Some additional information.
>
> After the problem appears (i.e. after "client B" starts returning
> "stale file handle" errors), an "ls" on a file (directory) for
> which the file-handle is stale, with "sunrpc.nfs_debug = 1023"
> shows:

I also tried:

- Exporting /mnt (the NFSv4 preudo-root) without the "crossmount"
  option (and having the clients mount the subordinate file-systems)

- Exporting /mnt with "crossmount" and having the client B (the
  "problematic" one, running kernel 2.6.32) mount "server:/" instead
  of the subordinate filesystems.

- Making client B mount with options: "ro,soft,proto=tcp"
  (i.e. without the "nocto,actimeo=300")

No observable change in behavior. Client A (the one with kernel
2.6.31) works perfectly. Client B (the one with kernel 2.6.32) mounts
ok but, at some point in time, it starts returning "stale file handle"
errors (as described in the previous message).

At this point I start to run out of things to try! Any suggestions
would be greately appreciated.

Thanks again
/npat