Re: Testing sm-notify

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 10:45:01AM +0100, Åukasz OleÅ wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using nfs-utils version 1.2.3. I am trying to test sm-notify, I have 2
> test scenarios:
>
> First one:
> 1 server, 2 clients - client 1 locks file on nfs server, client 2 is trying to
> lock the same file and waiting.  I'm restarting client 1, client 2 locks file.
> Everything works fine
>
> Second:
> 1 server, 1 client - client locks file. I'm restarting server and  client
> should relock file, but I don't know any program which can do it.
>
> How do you testing this scenario? Can you recommend any program which can
> automaticly lock file again?

I don't understand the question.

One way to test that behavior is correct might be using 2 clients:
client 1 acquires lock, server reboots, then client 2 requests same
lock after reboot.  If client 1 managed to reacquire the lock during the
grace period, then client 2's lock request should continue to block.

--b.