Re: [nfsv4] layoutcommits and file layout

Hi,

We have a files implementation which wants to receive LAYOUTCOMMIT when a client is finished with a layout.  It was my clear understanding from rfc5661 that we could expect this behavior.

I would have no issue at all with allowing the implementation to indicate to clients that it doesn't care to or need to receive LAYOUTCOMMIT, as I believe David Noveck proposed.  It creates a real problem if LAYOUTCOMMIT is simply rationalised out of the specification by filesystems which have other means to efficiently ensure semantics which may not be efficient or reasonable for ours.

Matt

--

Matt Benjamin

The Linux Box