Re: NooB Assitance with debugging NFSv4 client requested

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 11:43:12AM +0000, Tim Watts wrote:
> Hmm,
>
> Wonder if this is a clue (not noticed this before, but running
> idmapd in the foreground, it just whined):
>
> rpc.idmapd: nfscb: read(/var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs/nfs/clnt0/idmap): No
> such file or directory
>
> (Repeated several times).
>
> I'm veering towards this issue being an idmap problem.

All permissions are enforced on the server side--the effect of an
idmapper failure should just be that "ls -l" shows bad results (e.g.,
"nobody" as the owner of every file) and that commands like "chown"
fail.

If you're actually being prevented from performing normal filesystem
operations, then the most likely culprit is with gssd and krb5.

Might be worth filing a bug with ubuntu.

rpc.gssd debugging you've tried.  Sniffing client/server and client/kdc
traffic with wireshark might also show some more information.

I dunno.  Maybe strace rpc.gssd during the failure?

--b.