Side effects of having NFSv4 mounted over udp

Hi,

I know NFSv4 is definitely a connection oriented protocol, but noting prevent from using "mount -t nfs4 -o proto=udp <...>". Using TCP instead of UDP could be of great interest, especially in a HPC context where thousands of clients will operate at the same time. If a nfs mount point is made over udp, what would be the side effects ? I tried to run the connectathon on such a udp based mount point and I could find no errors. Is NFSv4/UDP a suitable solution ? Or does it make no sense to use udp ?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

   Regards

      Philippe