O_DIRECT, O_SYNC, or fsync() on NFS mounts?

Hi all,

I'm currently exporting a ZFS filesystem on Solaris 11 Express as NFS.
I have a Linux client mounting that NFS v3 filesystem with the
proto=tcp option.

My question is, what's the safest and most reliable way to write data
to this NFS mount on a Linux client? Should my application code use
O_DIRECT, or O_SYNC? Or should I be doing a write() and a fsync()? I
want to make sure that data is not lost and is truly committed, while
keeping decent performance (of course).

-Moazam