Re: ipv6 + krb5, server status?

Hi Jim, Jeff, list,

Jim Rees schreef:
>   another system, where "networkmanager" messes with the hosts-file, and
> You mean resolv.conf?

No, /etc/hosts

Today, I found a long standing Ubuntu bug about this:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+bug/8980

>  This is one of my gripes with network manager.  I
> usually un-install it, or "chattr +i resolv.conf".

Yep, we usually uninstall it as well.

But now, we're thinking about changing nsswitch.conf to "hosts: dns
files" - might be a better way in this case.

> The usual fix for idmapd is to set the domain in /etc/idmapd.conf.

Yes, I know. In fact, during the install phase we commented the "Domain"
clause out, to have the system configure it's own FQDN (based on DHCP,
mostly). I'm not a big fan of spraying domain name and hostname on every
file in /etc if the system can find things out by itself.

But I guess I'm being corrected by reality.

V.