Re: ipv6 + krb5, server status?

Jeff Layton schreef:
> Valentijn Sessink <valentyn@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Is this correct, i.e. svcgssd still needs to be adapted to IPv6? Or
>> should NFS-server/IPv6/Kerberos on Linux just work, i.e. should I
>> re-check my configuration?
> When I last tested it and reviewed it (which was quite some time ago),
> it worked without any issues. rpc.svcgssd doesn't really do much with
> addresses, so it didn't need anything to convert it to IPv6.
>
> What sort of problems were you having?

>From the user's viewpoint, there was no uid-mapping: everything you
wrote would end up as nobody:nogroup on the server. This happens when
your Kerberos-tickets cannot be validated - hence my pointing at svcgssd
and gssd.

I did test starting rpc.svcgssd and rpc.gssd with -vvvf, and there were
a few suspiciously looking messages. Then I ran out of time :)

Anyway, from your answers I conclude that there is not a reason "per se"
that it cannot work (nor is there a reason it should work ;), so I'll
test again and this time I will gather more extensive logging
information to feed the list with ;)

Best regards,

Valentijn