Re: pNFS DS session

 On 10/1/2010 5:33 AM, Benny Halevy wrote:
On 2010-10-01 10:47, Boaz Harrosh wrote:
On 10/01/2010 08:12 AM, Tigran Mkrtchyan wrote:
   On 10/01/2010 06:17 AM, Marc Eshel wrote:
Hi Benny,

Running connectathon I see that some times the clients decides to destroy
the session with the DS. The test continue and the session is
re-established. It looks like layout return reduces the hold on device
info the reduces the hold on the client struct which decide to destroy the
session. Is that a known problem?

Yes, I want to emphasize on Marks words: "a known *problem*"
Marc, assuming the code behaves as expected, does this cause any other badness
like the GETATTRs you see going out to the DS?

Benny

No i don't see any "badness" the test continues without errors and this problem is not related to the GETATTRs I see on the DS but I would consider destroying the session in short run of couple of minutes some times more than one time as something bad.
Marc.

I have objected strongly to this new "fixture" by Fred and backed up by Benny.
They decided to only hold a deviceid as long as a layout references it. And
not like before, until unmount. I think they are totally wrong with regard
to current servers and implementation and a setup that might enjoy what is
done now, will not exist for at least 3 years or more.

An argument was made that current code is more simple. But I have demonstrated
that all that is needed is a one-line get_ref at device add. And that iteration
on all devices at umount time that was there before and removed in latest code.

!!!
Boaz

Just wan to confirm  that we see this as well (pnfs-submit and
pnfs-all-latest).

Tigran.
Thanks, Marc.