Re: ANNOUNCE: nfs-utils-1.2.3 released.

On Tue, 28 Sep 2010, Steve Dickson wrote:

> New Features in this release:
>
>    * Both Client and server IPv6 support is available with the
>      --enable-ipv6 configuration flag (which is on by default)
>
>    * NFSoverRDMA mount support.
>
>    * A large number of bug fixes.

Unfortunately there is a new misfeature in rpc.mountd that crept in
with IPv6 support.
Option '-p <port>' is no longer working, mountd succesfully registers
MNT1 and then fails with -EADDRINUSE for MNT2 and MNT3 on ip4/tcp,udp and
ip6/tcp,udp transports.

[root@home ~]# rpc.mountd -d all -F -p 4444
rpc.mountd: svc_tli_create: could not bind to requested address
rpc.mountd: Failed to create listener xprt (mountd, 2, udp)
rpc.mountd: svc_tli_create: could not bind to requested address
rpc.mountd: Failed to create listener xprt (mountd, 2, tcp)
rpc.mountd: svc_tli_create: could not bind to requested address
rpc.mountd: Failed to create listener xprt (mountd, 2, udp6)
rpc.mountd: svc_tli_create: could not bind to requested address
rpc.mountd: Failed to create listener xprt (mountd, 2, tcp6)
rpc.mountd: svc_tli_create: could not bind to requested address
rpc.mountd: Failed to create listener xprt (mountd, 3, udp)
rpc.mountd: svc_tli_create: could not bind to requested address
rpc.mountd: Failed to create listener xprt (mountd, 3, tcp)
rpc.mountd: svc_tli_create: could not bind to requested address
rpc.mountd: Failed to create listener xprt (mountd, 3, udp6)
rpc.mountd: svc_tli_create: could not bind to requested address
rpc.mountd: Failed to create listener xprt (mountd, 3, tcp6)
rpc.mountd: Kernel does not have pseudo root support.
rpc.mountd: NFS v4 mounts will be disabled unless fsid=0
rpc.mountd: is specfied in /etc/exports file.
rpc.mountd: Version 1.2.3 starting

[root@home ~]# rpcinfo -t localhost 100005
program 100005 version 1 ready and waiting

If I start mountd without '-p' it succesfully registers all versions
on random ports.

[root@home ~]# rpc.mountd -d all -F
rpc.mountd: Kernel does not have pseudo root support.
rpc.mountd: NFS v4 mounts will be disabled unless fsid=0
rpc.mountd: is specfied in /etc/exports file.
rpc.mountd: Version 1.2.3 starting

[root@home ~]# rpcinfo -t localhost 100005
program 100005 version 1 ready and waiting
program 100005 version 2 ready and waiting
program 100005 version 3 ready and waiting

Reverting b551b1fd0052de9b8c674b30c39d9f2a1e9d79cc cures the problem.
but I guess it's not the right thing to do.

--
Jan RÄkorajski            |  ALL SUSPECTS ARE GUILTY. PERIOD!
baggins<at>mimuw.edu.pl   |  OTHERWISE THEY WOULDN'T BE SUSPECTS, WOULD THEY?