Re: Discussion topics for the coming Bake-A-Thon

On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 10:12:32 -0400, Boaz Harrosh <bharrosh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 09/18/2010 02:33 AM, Sorin Faibish wrote:
All,

I am trying to build an agenda for discussions during the coming
Bake-A-Thon
at EMC October 4-8. I collected the last week several topics of interest
and
I want to ask you all to add any other topics of interest so I can close
the
agenda of the event. This is the list so far:

1. Layoutcommit for file layout (Dave Noveck)
2. Server side copy - (James)
3. Sparse files and storage preferences (Dean, Sorin)
4. Secure NFS (David Quigly)
5. Extend cthon tests with callback operations tests (Peter Honeyman)

     And local/remote truncate torture tests.
Sure. Do we need a separate discussion or only this?

6. Performance tests - tools and benchmarks (Peter Honeyman)

to 6 or 5. Cluster tests. .i.e use of more then one client in concertration
to confuse and crash a server.
This aside from cthon, just for performance qaulification for the git.
Same do we need an additional spot or this is enough (30 min).

I will update the agenda with your comments and I assume you will be
part of the discussion, even drive it.

/Sorin

7. Utils and fedora rpm (Sorin, SteveD)
8. pNFS with IPv6 (Sorin)
9. Linux FedFS imlementation (Chuck)

I will allocate 30min for each topic and group them in 2 hours sessions
mostly in the early PM after lunch.

Please feel free to add any additional topics and thank you for your
patience.

/Sorin

Thanks
Boaz