Re: Relocate NFS root FS for maintenance

 Le 02/09/2010 18:06, J. Bruce Fields a écrit :
I think I just don't understand your setup, because I'm confused about
what you're asking for.  (If the thing you're upgrading is literally the
only path between the nfs servers and their storage, then what can we
do?)

The setup:
clients (apache) ---> server1 nfs4 --> SAN storage via iscsi

I want to do a firmware upgrade on the SAN without stopping the NFS server, cause Apache will wait for IO and reach the limits in 2 seconds... then never die, I have to reboot all clients servers.

A trick could be to relocate the export to an empty real partition on the NFS server, so clients could access the share but not the datas. Apache will not complain, just answer with 404 Not Found errors :)

--
Greg