Re: Does the machine need to be restarted after RPCNFSDCOUNT in /etc/default/nfs-kernel-server (ubuntu) is edited?

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 20:31:52 -0400, Neil Brown <neilb@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 20:12:02 -0400
sfaibish <sfaibish@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 19:36:48 -0400, Neil Brown <neilb@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 15:02:14 -0500
> Peng Yu <pengyu.ut@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I changed the value of RPCNFSDCOUNT in /etc/default/nfs-kernel-server
>> (ubuntu). Do I need to restart the machine?
>>
>> Or I need to restart nfsd? If so, would you please let me know how to
>> restart nfsd?
>>

> Easiest thing to do is simply
>
>    rpc.nfsd $NUMBER
>
> it will change the number of running threads to match the number that you
> give.
You still need to stop and restart the nfs for this to take effect.

Have you tried it?
Have you? Obviously not.

I assure you that running rpc.nfsd like this does change the number of
threads from whatever it is to the given number. (I should know, I wrote the
code :-)
No it does not if you check how many daemons are running (ps) you will see that it only
changed the value not the number of running daemons.

NeilBrown

/Sorin

> NeilBrown
> --