Re: Page alloc error on nfs4 via automount

On 17 Aug 10 19:21, Trond Myklebust wrote:
> It looks like a regression in the Linux kernel memory management.
>
> I agree that order 4 allocations are always going to be unreliable, but
> if it was consistently working before, and is now consistently not
> working, then something must have changed, and I know that part of the
> NFS code has not changed...

Hello,

Just to clarify this. The setup with automount adn NFS4 is new so I
while the NFS3 setup is working for years now. I never experience this
with NFS3 so it may be a NFS4 only problem. As you can see from the
mails I am not the only one having the problem with version 4 in this
regard. I think setups with automount and version 3 are much more common
so a regression there would have been noticed a lot faster.

Kind regards,
Michael