pnfs git tree status pnfs-all-2.6.35-rc5-2010-07-20

pnfs-all-2.6.35-2010-08-05 is based over v2.6.35
I started with the pnfs-submit branch squashing but there's
a lot of work to be done there to tidy it up and prepare
a series for review.
Andy has graciously offered his help with this task. Thanks!

At this point we'll hold off with new patches for submission
until we're done with squashing the series and then every
new SQUASHME patch sent must indicate which patch(es) it needs
to be squashed into so not to create a huge back log like we have today.

Here's the list of patches that went into the latest linux-pnfs tree as of 2010-08-05
since last update pnfs-all-2.6.35-rc5-2010-07-20:

pnfs-submit:
  Andy Adamson     83c4c44 SQUASHME pnfs-submit remove pnfs4_layout_reclaim
  Andy Adamson     67282c6 SQUASHME pnfs-submit destroy all layouts upon lease expiration
  Ricardo Labiaga  f20c76e SQUASHME: pnfs-submit: Use generic layout name to load layout modules
  Benny Halevy     fa73e39 SQUASHME: pnfs-submit: reduce nesting level in set_pnfs_layoutdriver

pnfs-block:
  Jim Rees         b51aad4 pnfs-block: Add support for simple rpc pipefs
  Jim Rees         123741a pnfs-block: Remove device creation from kernel

http://wiki.linux-nfs.org/wiki/index.php/PNFS_Development_Git_tree is updated
with the latest information.

Note that Ricardo's "Use generic layout name to load layout modules"
patch renamed the nfslayoutdriver module to "nfs_layout_nfsv41_files"
so it can be loaded automagically by the kernel. The blocks and objects
modules should be renamed along the same lines (TODO).

Benny