Re: About configure error

On 06/28/10 07:32 PM, Henry Shao wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Chuck Lever [mailto:chuck.lever@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Mon 6/28/2010 7:22 AM
To: Henry Shao
Cc: linux-nfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; steved@xxxxxxxxxx; Jeff Layton
Subject: Re: About configure error

On 06/26/10 03:37 PM, Henry Shao wrote:

Hi Sir:

      I try to compile nfs-utils-1.2.2 for our mips64 platform using cross compiler.  I keek get configure error:
checking for clnt_tli_create in -ltirpc... no
configure: error: libtirpc not found.

       Then I download libtirpc  and compile it successfully and install it in  ../lib directory.   I try to use LIBS or exec_prefix ... to pass it in.   It did not successful.   Still keeping get this error.

       Do you mind to tell me how can I pass this error and get it compiled for our mips target?

      Thank you very much!

# CC=mipsisa64r2rmi-linux-gcc ./configure --host=mips-linux --disable-gss --disable-nfsv4

./configure should have noticed that libtirpc was missing and then
automatically set --disable-tirpc.  As a workaround you could manually
specify --disable-tirpc on your ./configure command line.

After installing libtirpc, though, maybe you need to run ./configure
again from scratch:

    $ make distclean
    $ sh autogen.sh
    $ ./configure ....

If you are trying to install and use a local copy of libtirpc (ie one
that is not installed in /usr/lib), that may not be supported.