Unable to unlock file in NFS4

Hi,
I don't know if this forum is the right place for asking this question.
Please bear with me:
I have NFS4 server 'x' in Debian lenny
Three clients, a, b, and c: all Ubuntu 9.04
'a' has locked the files for last two months and it doesn't release the
lock. Whenever I try to open the file for read write in 'b' or 'c' I get
the message:
"Document file is locked for editing by a(20.05.10 19:50)
Open document read-only or open a copy of document for editing."
I can open the file for read write in 'x' and 'a' only.

I tried with shutting down all the computers, changing the access time
of the file with touch, but without release of the file. What I had done
is switched from NFS3 to NFS4.

Can any one please help me or guide me to the right place for help.

Thanks

aikhan