Delay when writing to a file through pNFS

Hi,

I'm running a three-machine pNFS setup (MDS, DS and client on different virtual machines). When copying a file a mounted pNFS export or writing to a new file (with dd, for example), the write is delayed by approximately 15 seconds. When I write to a file that already exists, it works OK (there's no delay).

The NFS debug messages in kernel log (on the client) are showing that the client tries to write to the file, gets error -11 EAGAIN, waits 15 seconds, then tries again successfully. I put a part of the kernel log concerning copying a small file to a pNFS export at http://charon.styxx.cz/tmp/pnfs/pnfs_write_log.txt

I have no idea what is the cause of the delays, so I hope someone could give me some advice concerning that. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Jiri Kortus