Re: Problem using exportfs in an active-active nfs cluster

On Wed, 09 Jun 2010 09:43:48 +0200
RaSca <rasca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Il giorno Mar 08 Giu 2010 23:54:25 CET, Neil Brown ha scritto:
> [...]
> > Try
> >    exportfs -f
>
> Already tried, it didn't work. The file system is still locked by nfsd.

Seems unlikely ... "exportfs -f" flushes all the export caches in the kernel
thus letting go of any filesystems.
I guess an active NFS request could still hold the fs active, but that should
complete fairly quickly.
file locking might be an issue.  Might a client have a lock on some file in
the filesystem?  Failover of locks is rather more complicated that simple
file-access fail-over.  I don't recall what the status of this is currently.

When the umount files, check the content of
   /proc/net/rpc/nfsd.export/content
and
   /proc/locks

to check what is actually using the filesystem.

NeilBrown