Re: Performance results with exofs

Thanks.

/Sorin

On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 12:13:31 -0400, Boaz Harrosh <bharrosh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 06/07/2010 07:07 PM, Boaz Harrosh wrote:
On 06/07/2010 06:24 PM, sfaibish wrote:
Boaz,

You were mentioning some preliminary performance on NFS4.1 and pNFS during
the pNFS call few weeks back. I thought you put them in an email but I
couldn't
find that email. Could you re-send it to me or summarize the results in a
new
email for comparison to the block layout performance. Bruce is also
interested
so I CC him as well. Thanks

/Sorin

I did not yet publish the Document. It's stuck behind my dis-talent for
writing and the pnfs bugs de jur.

Basically all machines:
- connected by a 1 GBit link.
- All clients doing a dd write of 8GB file from /dev/zero
- 3of8 is the special raid-groups arrangement of exofs && objlayout
  where out of 8 devices each file is striped over 3 devices in a
  round robin fashion. (*With a small dirty trick)

- All tests over an *empty* filesystem.

[single client]
1 - osds 40MB
2 - osds 80MB
4 - osds 114MB (saturation point of the 1 Gbit link)
8 - osds 114MB

[2 clients 8of8 osds]
226 MBs

[4 clients 8of8 osds]