pNFS-related questions

Hi,

I'd like to ask two questions that are related to pNFS, I hope it's not a problem that I put them in one post even though they aren't related one to the other.

1. How to configure a pNFS+exofs setup with multiple OSD targets? I was able to use a setup with one OSD target, one OSD initiator+pNFS metadata server and one client with the help of pNFS mailing list and the instructions from here http://mailman.open-osd.org/pipermail/osd-dev/2009-July/001033.html which seems to be quite clear to me. But I've been thinking about how a setup with more OSDs would look like? (I mean mainly the metadata server). I suppose that I would configure more OSDs in the same way as I did with one. Then how about the pNFS MDS setup? I've been wondering if I could do it this way: - login to the targets, then mount /dev/osdX devices for example in /exofs/osdX
- set up the /etc/exports file in this way:
/exofs    *(....,fsid=0,pnfs)
/exofs/osd1    *(....)
/exofs/osd2    *(....)
/exofs/osdX    *(....)

- then reload the exports by running "exportfs -r"
- and finally I would login to the OSDs on the client, load objlayoutdriver and mount the export from MDS with the "minorversion=1" option. Could the content of /etc/exports file look like that? Or is it fundamentally wrong? I'd be glad for any advice. I can't test it right now but I have to know how to do it to describe it in my bachelor's thesis.

2. I'd like to know how well the IPv6 support in pNFS works - what works, what doesn't, if there are any problems to solve etc., just anything worth to know concerning the IPv6 support.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Jiri Kortus