NFSv3/NFSv4 problem.

Hi,

my config is diskless NFSv3 nfsroot (+ some extra NFDSv3 mounts) and NFSv4 /home/* automount.
Centos 5.4, kernel 2.6.18-164.11.1.el5.

Periodically my nodes hangs, nothing appeared in the logs (remote syslog + netconsole).
Node is kind of alive, you can ping, some deamons (for example pbs_mom) reports that it's alive etc.
But anything which require FS access - frozen.

Another symptom, it looks like portmap doesn't answer. At lease if I try "rpcinfo -p node_name", then it ends with
"rpcinfo: can't contact portmapper: rpcinfo: RPC: Timed out"

In principal, this can have something with locking.
At least, I had to mount all my NFSv3 mounts with nolock, to reduce frequency of problem (nfsroot was nolock, obviously. but there are couple of extra v3 mounts, like /opt with extra software and RW directory for torque.

What can be a problem here?

What kind of information I have to collect from system to figure out what it real problem?

Anton. --