Re: [NFS] Portmapper problem, no access the server after update to debian squeeze

Trond,
Thanks you very much! This solved my problem.
Peter

Trond Myklebust wrote:
On Fri, 2010-02-05 at 20:15 +0100, calculix@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Dear NFS-Team,
Since I updated my server from Debian-Lenny to Squeeze I am not able anymore to mount, ssh, etc to my server. I have gone through the nfs-howto, followed the troubleshouting process with no success. I can reach the server with ping without any problems. Only mount, ssh, sftp etc. does not work. My portmapper seams not to allow the access.

Please help!

Thanks
Peter

On your server:

'dpkg-reconfigure portmap'

and tell it not to restrict the portmapper to the loopback address.

Trond

******** Here is my /etc/exports
# /etc/exports: the access control list for filesystems which may be exported
#               to NFS clients.  See exports(5).
#
# Example for NFSv2 and NFSv3:
# /srv/homes hostname1(rw,sync,no_subtree_check) hostname2(ro,sync,no_subtree_check)
#
# Example for NFSv4:
# /srv/nfs4        gss/krb5i(rw,sync,fsid=0,crossmnt,no_subtree_check)
# /srv/nfs4/homes  gss/krb5i(rw,sync,no_subtree_check)
#
/data/PUBLIC    192.168.178.27(rw,sync,no_subtree_check)
******** End of /etc/exports

******** Here is my /etc/hosts.allow
# /etc/hosts.allow: list of hosts that are allowed to access the system.
# See the manual pages hosts_access(5) and hosts_options(5).
#
# Example:    ALL: LOCAL @some_netgroup
#             ALL: .foobar.edu EXCEPT terminalserver.foobar.edu
#
# If you're going to protect the portmapper use the name "portmap" for the
# daemon name. Remember that you can only use the keyword "ALL" and IP
# addresses (NOT host or domain names) for the portmapper, as well as for
# rpc.mountd (the NFS mount daemon). See portmap(8) and rpc.mountd(8)
# for further information.
#
ALL:192.168.178.0/255.255.255.0(rw,sync)
******** End of /etc/hosts.allow

******** My /etc/hosts.deny is empty

******** Here is the output of rpcinfo -p localhost from the server
   Program Vers Proto   Port
    100000    2   tcp    111  portmapper
    100000    2   udp    111  portmapper
    100024    1   udp  59341  status
    100024    1   tcp  52100  status
    100021    1   udp  43350  nlockmgr
    100021    3   udp  43350  nlockmgr
    100021    4   udp  43350  nlockmgr
    100021    1   tcp  56947  nlockmgr
    100021    3   tcp  56947  nlockmgr
    100021    4   tcp  56947  nlockmgr
    100003    2   tcp   2049  nfs
    100003    3   tcp   2049  nfs
    100003    4   tcp   2049  nfs
    100003    2   udp   2049  nfs
    100003    3   udp   2049  nfs
    100003    4   udp   2049  nfs
    100005    1   udp  51709  mountd
    100005    1   tcp  36097  mountd
    100005    2   udp  51709  mountd
    100005    2   tcp  36097  mountd
    100005    3   udp  51709  mountd
    100005    3   tcp  36097  mountd
******* End of rpcinfo -p localhost

******* Here is the output of rpcinfo -p 192.168.178.32 from the client
rpcinfo: Portmapper kann nicht erreicht werden: RPC: Fehler des entfernten Systems - Verbindungsaufbau abgelehnt
******* This seams to be my problem, but what to do?