Git repository / package repository for Cthon 2010

Is there a common kernel tree and/or package distro you guys use?

I.e., would it make sense to preload this before Cthon (or have someone
bring it) and have it available for all to share? We're supposed to have
a lot more internet connectivity, but a wet straw is still a wet straw.

We have disk space and could maybe solve this issue.