Re: Weird exportfs behavior

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 03:32:10PM -0500, David P. Quigley wrote:
> Hello,
> 	I'm working on a new export option for labeled nfs and I'm getting some
> really weird behavior out of exportfs. I reverted my work to see if it
> was the cause of the problem however the error still persists. For a
> while I was getting errors about exportfs not knowing about
> no_all_squashlabelloc=key so I tried to fix that and in the process I'd
> had managed to get it to ignore labelloc all together. I don't think
> that is the cause of the problems though. When I cat /var/lib/nfs/etab I
> get a really weird line.
>
> /exports	*(rw,sync,wdelay,security_label,hide,nocrossmnt,insecure,root_squash,no_all_squash,no_subtree_check,secure_locks,acl,fsid=0,anonuid=65534,anongid=65534,sec=unix,rw,root_squash,no_all_squash)
>
> if you notice rw,root_squash, and no_all_squash are in that line twice.

That's normal; it also allows some flags to vary on a
per-security-flavor basis, so that last bit:

	sec=unix,rw,root_squash,no_all_squash

is just telling you what their values are for the specific sec=unix
case.  It's redundant but harmless.

> I can't seem to figure out where the second set of those come from. I
> believe that is causing the problem with my labelloc export because I
> can't figure out how to get the last no_all_squash to have a comma after
> it.

Looks like you have to modify both support/nfs/exports.c:putexportent()
and utils/exportfs/exportfs.c:dump(), in addition to parseopts().
(Which is really confusing.  Someone should fix that..) Maybe you're
forgetting one of those?

--b.