Re: Posix ACL patch for testing

On Thu, Oct 17, 2024 at 4:33 PM Rick Macklem <rick.macklem@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've updated my test patch for NFSv4 support of POSIX draft ACLs
> to include basic (only Getattr of small ACLs) support in the knfsd.
>
> Hopefully someone can give it a go next week?
>
> You can find the patch here...
> https://people.freebsd.org/~rmacklem/linux-next-posixacl.patch
>
> If you have difficulty downloading it, just email me and I'll send you
> a copy.
I haven't yet figured out "git format-patch" but I have put the changes in
a git clone of linux-next. I used "git show" to get the commits for three
sections (as suggested by Chuck):
common.patch - Needed by both client and server
client.patch - The client side.
server.patch - The server side.

The server does now handle SETATTR, but it does not yet handle
setting of the attributes for OPEN/CREATE.
The server also does not yet handle large ACLs.
(I'll post separately about the large ACL problem.)

I've attached the patches to this email, but you can also find them at:
https://people.freebsd.org/~rmacklem/common.patch
https://people.freebsd.org/~rmacklem/client.patch
https://people.freebsd.org/~rmacklem/server.patch

Note that these should be considered only for experimental
testing at this time.

rick