Re: probable big in nfs-utils

Hello,

On 10/4/24 2:14 PM, Charles Hedrick wrote:
While looking into a problem that turns out to be somewhere else, I noticed that in gssd_proc.c , getpwuid is used. The context is threaded, and I verified with strace that the thread is sharing memory with other threads. I believe this should be changed to getpwuid_r. Similarly the following call to getpwnam.

Is this the right place for reports on nfs-utils?
Yes... but I'm not a fan of change code, that been around
for a while, without fixing a problem... What problem does changing
getpwuid to getpwuid_r fix?

Patches are always welcome!

steved.