Re: nfsd endlessly in uninterruptible sleep (D state)

> On Sep 23, 2024, at 8:20 AM, Benoît Gschwind <benoit.gschwind@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> In some workload on the server side I get nfsd in uninterruptible sleep
> and never leave this state. The client is blocked endlessly, until I
> reboot the server.
>
> How can I diagnose/analyze the issue ?

When NFSD gets into this state:

 $ sudo echo t > /proc/sysrq-trigger

Then examine the kernel log to find the back trace
of the blocked process. If the cause isn't immediately
obvious, then post the back trace here on this
mailing list.

--
Chuck Lever