Re: 2.6.33 NFS server header reorg breaks existing systemtap scripts.

Hi -

steved wrote:

> [...]
> In the upcoming 2.6.33 kernel release the following
> NFS server header files have been moved out of the
> 'include/linux/nfsd' include directory and into the
> 'fs/nfsd' source directory:
>      linux/nfsd/nfsd.h
>      linux/nfsd/cache.h
>      linux/nfsd/xdr.h
>      linux/nfsd/xdr3.h
>      linux/nfsd/xdr4.h
>
> This reorg will break any and all existing systemtap scripts
> including the nfsd.stp in the current systemtap release.

Sigh.  Well, nfsd.stp can probably adapt to avoid using those headers,
and rewrite __get_fh etc. to rely on @cast() instead of embedded-C.

> Plus it appears the header files that live in source directories are
> not include in the kernel-devel package

Yes, it's a problem.  This is harder to work around for tracepoints,
which systemtap finds by parsing kernel-devel header files (instead of
searching debuginfo or whatnot).  Perhaps we should lobby kernel-devel
to include all .h files from the kernel build trees, even subsystem
internal .h files.

- FChE