Re: [Bug report] NFS patch breaks TLS device-offloaded TX zerocopy

On Mon, 12 Aug 2024 12:13:51 +0300 Sagi Grimberg wrote:
> On 12/08/2024 12:02, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 06, 2024 at 01:07:47PM +0300, Tariq Toukan wrote:
> >> Adding Maxim Mikityanskiy, he might have some insights.
> > I think the important part to find out is if the in-kernel TLS API
> > has a limitation to PAGE_SIZE buffer segments, or not.
>
> I don't see why it should. Also note that sw tls does not suffer from
> this. Maybe Jakub can add more light here in case something was missed?

I don't recall anything special. For SW crypto the splice is kinda moot,
because we encrypt and use the ciphertext so the plaintext pages are
likely to be freed before sendmsg() returns. For offload we wait until
the data is acked (not just sent) so any potential race window is
significantly longer. There's also the use of pfrag in the offload path.
Dunno..