Re: [Bug report] NFS patch breaks TLS device-offloaded TX zerocopy

On Mon, Aug 12, 2024 at 04:15:35PM +0300, Tariq Toukan wrote:
>> Can you explain where in your test is NFS used? Is the nginx server runs
>> on an NFS mount?
>
> I checked with the team.
> The requested file, as well as the wrk and nginx apps, all reside on an NFS
> mount.

So maybe I misunderstood the workload.  You aren't using the NFS over
TLS, but your are webserving using sendfile with the TLS offload,
with the data coming from a NFS share that isn't using TLS?

In that case NFS really is just the trigger here and you'd see the
exact same behavior when serving from another large folios enabled
file system like XFS, or probably also when serving from anonymous
memory.  This very clearly points to a debug in the hardware TLS
offload.