Re: reservation errors during fstests on pNFS block

On Fri, Jun 14, 2024 at 02:46:49PM +0000, Chuck Lever III wrote:
> I've finally gotten kdevops and pNFS block to the point where
> it can run fstests smoothly with an iSCSI target. I'm seeing
> error messages on occasion in the system journal. This set is
> from generic/069:

Reservation means another node has an active reservation on that LU.
Either you did another previous attempt that fail and let the
reservation linger, or something else in the system claimed it.

> But note that generic/069 is recorded as passing without error.

When pNFS layout access fails we fall back to normal access through the
MDS, so this is expected.

Is generic/069 that first test that failed when doing a full xfstests
run?  Do you see LAYOUT* ops in /proc/self/mountstats for the previous
tests?