Re: exports option "mountpoint" ignored in nfsv4, works in v3

On 6/3/24 05:56, Benjamin Coddington wrote:

> Its not that /srv/somemountpoint is always being exported, its that
> the v4 mount is mounting the root (/srv) and walking into
> /srv/somemountpoint.

But wouldn't this always be the case on an nfsv4 setup?  There is some
root folder that contains any child directories being exported
underneath it.

FWIW If I export the folder by itself and apply the mountpoint option to
it, eg. "/srv/somemountpoint *(rw,all_squash,fsid=0,mp)" as the only
export line, the mount command *does* indeed fail using -o vers=4.2,
however it doesn't fail with an error message - mount just hangs forever.

I feel like this is a regression compared against nfsv3 functionality
where "mountpoint" or "mp" can be applied to individual exports, and
generates an immediate error message for the client.  It seems with
nfsv4 the mp option only has an effect on the root export, and
accomplishes the deed by causing the client mount command to hang until
timeout