When are layouts destroyed on server reboot

Hi,
 I have a customer who is experiencing a problem on an older kernel.
 After a server restart (actually a cluster fail-over) the client
 recovers all opens and locks correctly, but then sends a (previously
 queued) WRITE request with a filehandle/stateid for a LAYOUT that was
 provided by the server before the restart.  Unsurprisingly this doesn't
 work.

 I've been hunting through the code to find out where the code attempts
 to invalidate all layouts as required by 12.7.4 in RFC-5661.  But I
 cannot find it.

 I'm guessing that adding a call to pnfs_destroy_layout() in
 __nfs4_reclaim_open_state() would do the trick but maybe there is a
 better way that is already implemented in later kernels, that I cannot
 find.

 Any pointers?

Thanks,
NeilBrown