Configuring NFS with UID/GID Offset (sec=sys approach)

Hello,

I'm seeking advice on configuring NFS to handle a specific scenario
where the server and client have an offset in their UID/GID values. On
the server, a UID/GID translates to a UID/GID + 10000 on the client
side.

Ideally, I'd like to avoid modifying server configurations or changing
client UIDs at this time.

My current approach involves utilizing the sec=sys option with an
offset to bridge this UID/GID gap. However, I'm unsure about the
effectiveness of this method and would appreciate any insights from
the community about how I could do this.

Here's a summary of the situation:

Problem: Server and client have a UID/GID offset (server UID/GID =
client UID/GID + 10000)
Goal: Configure NFS to handle this offset without server config
changes or client UID modifications.
Possible Solution (under consideration): Using sec=sys with an offset
in the mount options.

While alternative configurations like sec=krb5 functioned in a test
environment, modifying the server configuration is not preferred.

If anyone has experience with similar scenarios or can offer guidance
on using sec=sys with offsets for NFS, your expertise would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

José Geraldo