Re: Linux /proc/fs/nfsd/clients/*/info - where does "Implementation name" come from ?

On 13 Mar 2024, at 10:51, Roland Mainz wrote:

> Hi!
>
> ----
>
> While debugging a NFSv4.1 problem I noticed that the Linux nfsd
> somehow gets a "Implementation name" /proc/fs/nfsd/clients/*/info
> files:
>
> Example:

This is the Linux NFS developer's mailing list, but your question is about
how to look up something in the specifications.  That's probably more
appropriate for the IETF mailing list, but you shouldn't even have to ask
anyone.  Instead, look it up in the spec.

Aren't you folks working on an implementation, and shouldn't you be up to
your ears in the spec?  Isn't it easier to just look instead of waiting on
other people to do it for you?

The answer is eia_client_impl_id, in rfc-8881.

Questions like this are annoying me, and you risk losing visibility from folks
that might also be annoyed.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/nfsv4/documents/

Ben