Re: [NFS] Nfs4 over Ipv6 patch to fix ipv6 subnetting in /etc/exports

[Cc: correct mailing list]

On Dec 2, 2009, at 5:50 PM, Kelly Anderson wrote:

Hopefully this mail gets through to someone who can apply this patch to NfsUtils git.

I have been trying on and off for a year or so to get Nfs4 mounts to work over Ipv6. Finally with the latest git it seemed to work. That is, it worked when you wildcard all internet addresses.

/home/nfs4 *(rw,fsid=0,sync,root_squash,no_all_squash,no_subtree_check)

Unfortunately subnetting wasn't working, so I dug into the code to figure out why. It turned out that it was something simple (once I managed to get my head into the code). I've attached a patch against the current git that fixes it. With the patch applied, ipv6 subnetting such as the following works.

/home/nfs4 2001:470:b:3e::/ 64(rw,fsid=0,sync,root_squash,no_all_squash,no_subtree_check) /home/nfs4 2001:470:b:3e::/ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:: (rw,fsid=0,sync,root_squash,no_all_squash,no_subtree_check)

IPv6 support in mountd is entirely experimental (ie not guaranteed to work), and exists only my personal git repo, not in the official nfs- utils git repo. However, it looks like you are working against my code.

Also, we prefer patches submitted inline, not as attachments, as that makes it easy to hit "reply" and comment on the content of the patch. A patch description and a Signed-off-by: line is required. Take a look in the archives of this mailing list for examples.

Basically your patch misapplies the address mask in check_subnet_v6, so I don't think it's the right fix. Instead of "sin6 & mask" you have "sin6 & sin6" which basically means the mask is ignored, and the check will always succeed.

Maybe the mask generation code in init_netmask() is not correct?

Regards,

Kelly Anderson
NFS maillist  -  NFS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Please note that nfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is being discontinued.