long-term stable backports of NFSD patches

It's apparent that a number of distributions and their customers
remain on long-term stable kernels. We are aware of the scalability
problems and other bugs in NFSD in those kernels.

Therefore I've started an effort to backport NFSD-related fixes to
long-term stable kernels.

I consulted with GregKH and Sasha to ask their preferences about how
this should be done. They said a full subsystem backport is
preferred. Here's a status update.

---

I've pushed the NFSD backports to branches in this repo:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/cel/linux.git

If you are able, I encourage you to pull these, review them or try
them out, and report any issues or successes.

LTS v6.1.y

I've backported NFSD patches from v6.2 to v6.1.79 and am just now
completing our usual CI testing on this. You can find these patches
in the "nfsd-6.1.y" branch in the above repo.

LTS v5.15.y

I've backported NFSD patches from v6.2 through v5.16 to v5.15.149.
I have not begun testing this work. You can find these patches in
the "nfsd-5.15.y" branch in the above repo.

LTS v5.10.y

I've started backporting NFSD patches from v6.2 through v5.11 to
v5.10.210. I've gotten up to v5.15 so far. You can find these
patches in the "nfsd-5.10.y" branch in the above repo.

LTS v5.4.y

I'm not certain whether to pursue a backport for v5.4.y, as
backporting from v6.latest becomes increasingly difficult on older
kernels, and the user base for these is dwindling.

--
Chuck Lever