Re: XFS, NFS and inode64 on 2.6.27

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 04:13:24PM -0500, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 10:51:09AM -0500, J. Bruce Fields wrote:
> > But not the other four directories?  What error do you get when you try?
> > What client are you using, and are you mounting with NFSv2, NFSv3, or
> > NFSv4?  Could we see a network trace of a failed mount?  (So, run
>
> >From information Michael posted on the xfs list he is not exporting the
> root of filesystems, which means we use a file system handle format that
> needs to encode the inode.  And all but the uuid16 format can only
> encode 32 bit inode numbers.  I very strongly suspect that this is the
> underlying issue here, but I'm currenly not uptodate on the filesystem
> handle selection in nfsutils.

If using an nfs-utils recent enough to pass down a uuid (can check this
by looking at /proc/net/rpc/nfsd.export/filehandle after trying to
access those directories, and seeing whether there's a uuid= option
set), then I'd expect it to be using FSID_UUID16_INUM with v3 or v4 (v2
doesn't have large enough filehandles).

--b.